For topic lists:
Once you've chosen a topic, brainstorm a list of synonyms and related terms, then start gathering background information.
Here is an online encyclopedia to browse for topic ideas and background information:
1. Do NOT use the words "Pros" and "Cons" in your search!
2. Start early! Have first choice of books, or have books brought from another campus.
3. Keep a log. Keeping good records of your searches can help you find them again later.
4. Limit to Full Text in your database searches, and you can print out the article right now!
5. Limit to "Peer-Reviewed" or "Academic" articles if your instructor wants you to use Scholarly journal articles.